- Welcome to the Aspen website. In this Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement “Aspen” means, collectively, Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (irrespective of the registered or trading name or geographical location of the subsidiary or affiliate). The information provided on this website is for general information and in certain circumstances also for educational purposes, the information is provided for no other purpose. All clauses in this Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement are subject to applicable local legislation and, in particular, local privacy and consumer protection legislation.
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THIS DISCLAIMER & WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY EACH TIME BEFORE ACCESSING THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE OR USING THIS WEBSITE AS THEY MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO THIS DISCLAIMER & WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT. BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION THIS DISCLAIMER & WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT.
- The information provided on this website is for general information and educational purposes. Certain sections of this website are intended for particular user audiences including, Aspen’s employees, customers and shareholders, as well as members of the healthcare community and the general public.
3. NO REPRESENTATION
- Aspen makes no representations and gives no warrantees about the accuracy nor suitability of the content published on this website, nor that the services will be free from errors or omissions or that the use of the website will be uninterrupted. Should you rely on the information and technology contained in this website, then you do so at your own risk.
- The entire content of this website is subject to copyright protection. None of the content of this website may be copied other than for non-commercial individual reference, and only if all copyright or other proprietary notices are retained. The information may thereafter not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. Furthermore, you may not modify the information in any way. Except as expressly provided above, you may not otherwise copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any information, text or documents contained in this website or any portion thereof in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such images, text or documents, without the express written consent of Aspen. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Aspen, or any third party. If you should link to any third-party websites from this website, you shall be bound by and undertake to comply with the copyright provisions of each such website.
- All names, logos, symbols and marks, whether or not in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of Aspen, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners. Any use of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may violate copyright law, trademark law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Further, please be advised that Aspen actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
- This website may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties over whom Aspen has no control. Such links are provided merely as a convenience. Similarly, this website may be accessed from third party links over which Aspen has no control. Aspen makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained in such websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information. Inclusion of any third party link in the website does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Aspen of such website.
7. MEDICAL INFORMATION
- This website may contain general information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment. Such information is provided for information purposes only. This information is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional, or a recommendation for any particular treatment plan. It is important to make use of the advice of a healthcare professional to employ good clinical judgement for the specific conditions of individual patients. The product information contained throughout this website is intended only for information purposes in the country(ies) to which the specific website page and/or product refers. Information relating to all scheduled products is provided exclusively for healthcare professionals who are registered with the relevant regulatory authority, and by accessing such information the visitor warrants that they are appropriately registered with the required authorities and are qualified healthcare professionals.
8. INFANT MILK FORMULA
- All references to infant milk formula and all information in respect of infant milk formula is subject specifically to this clause. Breast milk is best for babies. Infant milk formula is intended to replace breast milk when mothers do not breastfeed. Good maternal nutrition is important for preparation and maintenance of breastfeeding. Introducing partial bottle feeding using infant milk formula could negatively affect breastfeeding and reversing a decision not to breastfeed is difficult. Professional advice should be followed. Infant milk formula should be prepared and used as directed. Unnecessary or improper use of infant milk formula may present a health hazard. Social and financial implications should be considered when selecting a method of infant feeding.
- As a manufacturer of infant milk formula, Aspen strives to uphold the International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes, as set-out by the World Health Organisation. The World Health Organisation recommends exclusive breastfeeding for up to six months. All information supplied in terms of this website is upon individual request and for informational or educational purposes.
- This site may electronically collect, store and use private information from users. Users of this site consent to this. Information may be collected electronically by using cookies, or information is collected when it is provided voluntarily by the user. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings. Information so collected shall not be disclosed to any third party unless agreed upon between the user and Aspen, or through due legal process. Users agree that Aspen may from time to time communicate with them, at such time of communication the user will always be given the opportunity to instruct Aspen to remove their details from the mailing list.
10. LIABILITIES AND INDEMNIFICATION
- Aspen shall bear no responsibility and also disclaims all liability for any claim, loss, cost and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements), damage or other liability, either directly or indirectly, attributable to the use of this website or reliance upon information provided through the facilities available on this website. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Aspen, its officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and third party partners from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements), damages and other liabilities, resulting from any violation by you of this Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement.
- Governing laws – This Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement and your use of this website shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Any legal action or proceeding related to this website shall be brought exclusively in the High Courts of the Republic of South Africa.
- Severability – If any provisions of this Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement are held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be severable without affecting the enforceability of all remaining provisions.
- Variation – Aspen reserves the right to alter or delete materials from this website at any time at its discretion and without notice. Furthermore Aspen reserves the right to amend this Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement at any time by posting the amended Disclaimer & Website Use Agreement on this website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version will apply each time you access this website.